myLocalHeroes.com is brought to you by British Gas, which is owned by Centrica plc. Centrica (and all its subsidiary companies) believe it’s important to protect your privacy. So we’re committed to giving you a personal service that meets your needs, at the same time as protecting that privacy.
A. HOW WE’LL USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information to:
- Give you the services you’ve asked for (which might include the loyalty and incentive schemes we run from time to time)
- Get in touch with you about products and services that we or our partners are offering. That could be by email, phone, text, multimedia message
- Help run and improve our accounts, services and products – ones we’ve provided before, now or in the future
- Help prevent and detect debt, fraud and loss
- Train our staff
We may also monitor and record any communications we have with you, like phone conversations and emails. This is just to make sure we’re providing you with a good service and meeting our regulatory and legal responsibilities.
B. HOW WE’LL GET IN TOUCH
We’ll use the contact information you’ve given us when we need to get in touch. So we might email you, give you a ring, send a text or use another form of electronic communication. We might even visit you in person.
If we’re getting in touch to tell you about offers, we’ll try and use your preferred contact method. We can stop sending you these offers at any time though, you just have to contact us and give us your details.
C. PASSING YOUR INFORMATION ON
In order for independent tradesmen to perform the services you’ve requested we will pass your information, the job details and any pictures you submit about the job on to them but only once you have confirmed that you wish to engage the trader.
We may allow other people and organisations to use your information (including other Centrica Group companies that use the British Gas, Scottish Gas and Dyno Group brands). Why?
- To give you the services you’ve asked for, which might include giving information to members of your family, household, anyone acting on your behalf or other people who have an interest (like landlords or letting agents)
- As part of our sales process for one or more of the businesses. To help find and prevent debt, fraud or loss (by passing your information on to a credit reference agency, for example)
- To transfer any unpaid debt to another organisation – we’ll have to give them details about you and that debt
- For future legal action
- As part of government data-sharing initiatives, like those designed to help people who are struggling to pay for heating and electricity
- As part of any loyalty or reward schemes
Occasionally, the other people or organisations we pass your information to might be outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Because of that, we may pass your information to countries that have different standards and laws about protecting personal information.
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you’re confirming that you’ve given them the information in this policy, and that they’ve agreed for us to use their information in the way we describe above.
D. If you want to see what information we hold
You’re entitled to have a copy of the information we hold about you and you can have any inaccurate information corrected. We may charge a small fee for providing a copy of any information we hold about you. If you’re interested, talk to our privacy team at:
Centrica Privacy Team
30 The Causeway
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.