Need a Combi Boiler installing?
Choosing to install a new boiler in your home is a big decision and you may be unsure where to start. To make things easier, we’ve broken down the different types of boiler, along with their individual advantages and disadvantages. With this combi boiler guide you can be confident that you are choosing the boiler that best suits your home and your household’s needs. Looking for a different type of boiler? Check out our Conventional Boiler and System Boiler guides.
How combi boilers work
A combi, or combination boiler, provides households with both central heating and hot water in one unit. It works by instantly heating water from the mains on demand, which means you only heat water as and when you need it. This provides a constant supply of hot water without the chance of it running out and no need to have a hot water storage cylinder.
The single-unit combi boiler is compact and can fit into small spaces such as a kitchen cupboard. This makes a combi boiler well-suited to small to medium-sized homes where space is limited. Combi boilers are an increasingly popular choice in modern UK homes.
- Combi boilers provide hot water as soon as it is needed, meaning no waiting around for the tank to reheat and no chance of running out of hot water.
- Combi boilers deliver hot water to your taps and showers at mains water pressure.
- Combi boiler installations are relatively quick (and therefore less expensive) because they don’t require lots of additional expensive components as everything required is inside the boiler. They also require less pipework.
- While running, combi boilers are both cost and energy efficient, because you only heat the water that you need.
- A combi boiler is not well suited to larger homes with multiple bathrooms and showers which are likely to be used at the same time. This is because a combi boiler takes its water from the mains and so will have to split the flow of water to serve multiple outlets. This will lead to reduced water pressure and thus weaker showers and sink flows.
Up to 10 year warranty
Whichever boiler you decide is right for your household, Local Heroes offers a 12 month guarantee on all boiler installations alongside your up to 10-year warranty from the manufacturer. That way you know that if your boiler does break down, our experts will be over at the earliest opportunity to get your home back in running order.