Become a Hero
Local Heroes is continuing to grow and we’re always on the lookout to recruit trusted local tradespeople. Currently we are recruiting for the following trades:
How does Local Heroes work?
Local Heroes connects you to customers in your local area that have home repair or improvement jobs that they need help with.
It’s really simple…
- We send you job requests in your chosen patch
- You let us know whether you’re available and we connect the customer with you
- The customer pays online once the job is complete and we transfer the money to your account
Why should I use Local Heroes?
- There are no joining fees or subscriptions and you don’t have to bid for jobs
- Good quality work sent directly to you, so you don’t have to spend time sourcing leads
- You can use Local Heroes jobs to fill spare slots in your diary or grow your business All we need are a few details and we will give you a call to get you set up.
Hear from Jake, an electrician from Guildford, about why he joined Local Heroes and the benefits he’s seen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there job targets I need to meet?
There are no job targets. You can use Local Heroes jobs to fill spare slots in your diary, so you can take jobs only when you need/want them.
We simply connect you with customers and do not impose dress codes, working hours or job targets.
Do I have to wear Local Heroes or British Gas branded clothing?
Definitely not. We simply connect you with customers and do not impose dress codes, working hours or job targets.
How do I sign up?
Click here to register your interest.. All we need are a few details and one of our team will get in touch to start the process of getting you signed up
What do I need to become a Local Hero?
- Public liability Insurance (£2m) and Employers liability Insurance (if applicable - £5m)
- Proof of banking details (showing sort code, account number and name of account holder)
- A good quality logo/profile picture
- For accreditations and qualifications, see the FAQs below
What accreditations do you accept?
- We require all Heating Engineers to be Gas Safe registered
- Electricians should be accredited with either NIC, Napit, Stroma or Elecsa
What qualifications do you require to sign up?
|Gas: Service & Repair||
Why was my application declined?
This could be for a number of reasons, but you should always get an email or phone call to explain why. If you have any further questions, please email our general enquiry line below.
How will I see and manage my jobs?
You can see details of all your jobs on the Hero Portal. A link to the portal will be sent to you when you join, enabling you to easily see and manage all your jobs. You can see which jobs you’ve completed, what you have booked in, and new features are being added all the time.
How are jobs allocated?
Jobs are offered to all Heroes in the relevant area. Jobs are allocated based on which heroes have said they are available and who’s waited the longest.
How will you notify me of jobs?
You will receive notifications via SMS messages and email. If you confirm you’re available for a job and are matched with a customer, you will be sent their details and can then contact them to arrange the job.
Do I have to pay to use Local Heroes? How much?
There’s no signup fees, subscriptions, or bidding for jobs - instead we have a small commission for each job.
We do have a commission as we effectively handle marketing and advertising to generate interest for the jobs. We’ve found most traders feel this is fair, especially compared to other sites and because these are jobs they may not have otherwise had.
Are you an existing Hero with other questions?
If you’re already a Hero, you can access our Hero FAQs via your SMS/email job links (button at the bottom of the page), or on the Hero Portal (look for the question mark).